This Week in the Life of your Bishop, April 24th to May 1st
Bishop Paul’s Travel Schedule: April 24th to May 22nd
St Gregory Palamas Monastery, Hayesville, OH, April 26th to 27th
- Personal retreat time for the bishop
Ss. Peter & Paul Church, Lorain, OH, April 28th to April 30th
- Presentation of Diocesan Grammota, and Clergy Award
Clergy Convocation, Holy Transfiguration, Livonia, MI, May 1st to 3rd
- Speaker: Archimandrite Joseph Morris, St. Gregory Palamas Monastery
Ss. Peter & Paul Church, Burr Ridge, IL, May 5th to 6th
- Ordination of Deacon Alexander Koranda to the priesthood
- Metropolitan Tikhon to present St. Romanus Award to John Sutko
St. Joseph Church, Wheaton, IL, May 6th to 7th
- Ordination of Sub deacon Jerzy Pietrowski to the Diaconate
Holy Resurrection, Fargo, ND, May 10th to 12th
- Presentation of clergy award
St. Peter the Aleut, Minot, ND, May 13th to 14th
Christ the Savior, Byesville, OH, May 19th to 21st
- 50th Anniversary celebration
Christ is Risen!
Please keep in your prayers… Fr. Eugene Tarris, Fr. Ted Bobosh, Fr. Anthony Spengler, Fr. Joseph Gibson, Fr. Philip Lashbrook, Fr. John Reeves, Rev. Dn. Bohdan Melnychenko, Matushka Laryssa Hutnyan, Matushka Snezana Ruzic, Matushka Carol Janecek, Matushka Mary Perez, John Sedor, Helen Lis (mother of Fr. David Lis), Daria Petrykowski, and Theodore Geletka.
If there are people who are known throughout the diocese that are in need of prayer, please submit their names to Bishop Paul
Please note that the dates for the 2017 Clergy Convocation are May 1st to May 3rd. The convocation will be held at Holy Transfiguration Orthodox Church in Livonia, MI. The speaker will be Archimandrite Joseph Morris of St. Gregory Palamas Monastery. Hotel information has been circulated over the last month. If you have any questions, regarding lodging, call Philip Sokolov at the Chancery. Here is the schedule for the Convocation:
|Monday, 1 May
||Vespers with Kathisma
||SESSION I: “Sowing Seeds: the Proclamation of the Gospel in the Age of the New Normal” – a conversation on the vision of His Grace, Bishop Paul, as delivered at the 2016 Diocesan Assembly
||Akathist – sung before Tikhvin icon of the Mother of God from Chicago
|Tuesday, 2 May
||Hierarchical Divine Liturgy
||SESSION II: “The Priest Before God: Prayer and Holiness” – Very Rev. Archimandrite Joseph, Abbot of Saint Gregory Palamas Monastery, Perrysville, Ohio
||SESSION III: “The Priest in the Midst of the Community: The Celebrant of the Holy Mysteries, Preacher/Teacher and Shepherd” – Archimandrite Joseph
|Wednesday, 3 May
||Matins with Kathismas
||COUNCIL OF PRESBYTERS
* Time is being set aside for any who would like to confess. With all the priests available, this is an opportunity to arrange to make your confession.
- Registration fee is $180 per participant. There is no registration form, this year (since everyone is a “commuter”).
- Simply mail a check to Diocese of the Midwest, 927 N La Salle Dr, Chicago, IL 60610 Please mail your check by April 22.
- It is hoped that as many clergy as possible—priests and deacons; active and retired; assigned and attached—will come and participate. Attendance by Assigned Clergy is required.
- In the case of all salaried clergy, it is also required that the parish cover all expenses incurred by the Clergy Convocation (including travel, lodging, and registration)
- As mentioned in the news release, Nikita Borosov, ecclesiastical tailor will be present at the convocation if clergy are in need of vestments.
If you are holding any special events or celebrating any special services, and would like to share this news with the diocese, contact Fr. John Matusiak to put the event on the diocesan web page. Gather what photos you have and send those to Fr. John along with some bullet points of facts concerning the event. That way he can do a brief write up of the event. Fr. John can be reached at: firstname.lastname@example.org