Konevets Quartet to present concert in Burr Ridge, IL October 1
BURR RIDGE, IL [MW Diocese Communications] — The Konevets Quartet — an internationally acclaimed Orthodox chamber ensemble from St. Petersburg, Russia — will present a concert at Saint Peter and Saint Paul Church, 6980 County Line Road, Burr Ridge, IL at 7:00 p.m. on Saturday, October 1, 2016. The concert will immediately follow the celebration of Vespers.
Joining the quartet on this particular occasion will be participants in the Male Singers’ Master Class, which is being conducted by the Quartet earlier the same day. See related story.
The concert — open to the public with a free will donation — is being sponsored by the Pan-Orthodox Choir of Greater Chicago. Portions of the concert proceeds are being designated to help rebuild the Konevets Monastery.
The Quartet also will sing at several other Chicago-area parishes, including
- Sunday, September 25 — Holy Trinity Church [ROCOR], Milwaukee, WI [Divine Liturgy].
- Tuesday, September 27 — Holy Virgin Protection Cathedral [ROCOR], Des Plaines, IL [Festal Divine Liturgy].
- Thursday, September 29 — Christ the Savior Carpatho-Russian Orthodox Church, Rockford, IL [Concert].
- Friday, September 30 — Holy Resurrection Serbian Orthodox Cathedral, Chicago [1:00 p.m. Memorial Service].
- Sunday, October 2 — Saint George Antiochian Orthodox Church, Cicero, IL [Divine Liturgy].
More information on the Konevets Quartet is available on-line. Additional information on the Burr Ridge concert may be obtained by contacting Gordona Trbuhovich at firstname.lastname@example.org or 773-619-8755 and/or John Sutko at 708-424-3592.